Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bruised

A couple of days ago, Victoria and I felt a spark of creative energy and set out to make a short film. After 2.5 days, we finished "Bruised".


The inspiration for the story line actually came from a song that I've been listening to (almost everyday) called "The Refiner's Fire" (sung by Christian Berdahl). I love this song because it reminds me that various trials and obstacles are being used by God to shape my character and grow my faith in Him. So, when discouragements come (and believe me, they do)...I find so much comfort in knowing that even though I am passing through the fire, I am in the Refiner's hands and He certainly knows what He is doing. As humans, we are very short-sighted and limited, making it easy to look at every trial and say "God, why me???"...but instead, we need to adopt the attitude of Paul:

"And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10




Here is a link to Bruised:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0PZYsFzpaw&feature=plcp

The Refiner's Fire-Christian Berdahl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMohPdEqqZ0






No comments:

Post a Comment