Thursday, August 23, 2012

Springtime




 "For the winter is passed. The rain is over and gone. The flowers are springing up. And the time of the singing of the birds has come." Song of Solomon 2:11-12


My favorite time of the year is spring…. I get giddy even thinking about it. Around this time of year many of you might be putting your ‘spring cleaning’ list together, while I, on the other hand have my ‘to see’ list ready. During the frigid and ooky winter, I envisioned the coming spring with all of its beauty: the colorful flowers springing up from the frosty ground, the first sight of the green grass. But the highlight of my spring comes when I visit all my favorite gardens along with my little cousin, she would grab my hand and animatedly  lead me to her new discoveries.  She would exclaim, "Come! Look!”  

"For the winter is passed. The rain is over and gone. The flowers are springing up." After winter comes the spring. Why have a  pessimistic attitude? I am always told I am ‘too optimistic’, but  Why should any of us worry? Why can't we all look, with expectation, toward the day that will bring hope…..life….. everlasting happiness? Pessimism is a frame of mind that is ridiculous …… bad times never last! Winter always melts away. Spring always return.  You can be happy! You can be excited! You can be over-filled with joy! even in your tragedies and disappointments. A positive attitude can bring joy  into the lives around you. Are you facing a dark time? Are you going through disappointment? After winter comes the springtime  and you will feel the surge of new hope.

Autumn leaves fall, winter comes and passed, flowers are springing up and summer is here. You might feel overwhelmed with pain but remember spring is inevitable and a bright summer awaits.

-Kem

No comments:

Post a Comment